Guided Biofilm Therapy Offered in Edmonton.
Guided Biofilm Therapy (GBT) is designed to treat harmful biofilm and maintain good oral hygiene over time. A combination of professional, painless teeth cleaning and at-home oral hygiene routines is needed for long-lasting results.
Our Edmonton dentists use advanced technology to locate the most affected areas and wash away plaque buildup.
The World Health Organization (WHO) identified tooth decay and periodontitis as one of the most common diseases in America. To prevent them from developing, WHO encourages patients to attend regular dental cleanings and checkups to maintain a healthy smile.
GBT is an 8-step treatment:
- Diagnose – a dentist near you will examine and evaluate your oral health to give you the best treatment.
- Plaque disclosure – biofilm or plaque is not visible due to its colour and nature. Our Edmonton dentist uses Plus PS ® powder to make the biofilm visible to treat.
- Educate – during your Guided Biofilm Therapy in Edmonton, our dentist will explain and educate patients on the best oral hygiene routine to follow to prevent plaque accumulation.
- Airflow ® – Dentists will use warm water with a gentle jet of air to remove the unwanted harmful biofilm that was disclosed using Plus powder.
- Perioflow ® – To further clean the gum sockets, dentists will use Perioflow ® technology to prevent gum disease.
- Piezon ® PS – To ensure your teeth are clean and shiny, a final clean is done to remove the remaining calculus between the teeth.
- Final check – our Edmonton dentist will thoroughly check for dental issues and ensure teeth are clean from plaque.
- Reminders – to end your GBT, you will be reminded of the steps to follow for a healthy smile.
Remember, clean teeth = a healthy body. Biofilm can cause caries, bad breath, tooth decay, periodontitis and gingivitis.
If you are looking for a painless and fearless dental experience, contact our office today to book your Guided Biofilm Therapy in Edmonton.