Patients looking for alternatives to well-known dental procedures have the option of acquiring a variety of treatment from dental hygienists in Edmonton, and the choices available have increased in recent years. One example is laser dental appointments.
Although there are many advantages to laser therapy, some of the key ones that patients appreciate are that it is non-invasive, cozy, and effective. To help treat and heal tissue, laser treatment uses concentrated light energy in the form of a beam. Treatment of both hard and soft tissues can be accomplished with laser technology. Treatments for sensitivity, gum disease, and tooth decay include some laser procedures. Lasers can also be utilized for teeth whitening processes.
Different Uses of Lasers in Dentistry
There are a variety of situations where we could recommend laser dentistry. It can be utilized for both soft tissue problems, such as gum problems, and hard tissue problems, such as dental treatment involving the teeth. A growing number of cutting-edge cosmetic procedures are using laser treatment near you.
However, laser dentistry typically includes the gums, as in:
- Cold sores and canker sores
- Getting rid of tongue-ties
- Infections in the root canal
- Gum illness
- Gum remodeling and inflammation removal
- Wisdom teeth exposure Repairing injured nerves
- Removing benign oral tumors
Types of Lasers Used
The dentist uses two primary types of lasers when performing laser treatments. They are lasers for both soft and hard tissues. Based on their wavelengths, the two types of lasers differ from one another. They are suitable for cutting into the tissues they cut because of their wavelengths.
- Hard tissue laser treatments: Capable of identifying cavities and tooth deterioration can combat and eliminate bacteria, which can aid in treating tooth sensitivity to cold and heat.
- Laser therapies for soft tissue: can be used to restructure gums, for example, if they are overly thick and conceal the tooth. Can be used to assist in treating kids or adults who have a tight or thick frenulum, which is the skin that attaches the tongue to the floor of the mouth. Can aid in removing soft tissue folds from a denture that doesn’t fit well.
Pros of Laser Dentistry
There are several benefits to laser dentistry over conventional dental treatment methods. The following advantages of laser dentistry:
- Comparatively speaking to other conventional dental treatment methods, laser dentistry requires less anesthetic. It also results in minimal to no pain.
- Kids can benefit from laser dentistry because it lowers anxiety.
- During dental procedures, bleeding and swelling are reduced with laser dentistry.
- Due to reduced gum damage during treatment, laser dentistry speeds up the healing process.
Cons of Laser Dentistry
The following are the primary downsides of utilizing dental lasers:
- A dental laser cannot be used to treat teeth that have fillings.
- Interdental cavities can’t be treated with lasers.
- Too much tooth decay cannot be treated with laser technology.
- Damaged dental restorations like bridges and crowns are not able to be removed using lasers.
What to Expect During a Laser Dentistry Treatment
A laser dentist or authorized dental hygienist near you in the world can administer laser treatments. Lasers emit energy in the form of light to operate. When utilized for surgical or dental treatments, lasers serve as cutting tools or tissue vaporizers.
You may experience a milder level of anesthesia during a laser treatment in Edmonton than you are accustomed to during dental procedures. There won’t be any discomfort at all when the process is done. Bleeding is wiped away if it happens in small amounts.
Lasers serve as a heat source and improve the effects of tooth-bleaching substances when used for teeth-whitening operations.
Overall, laser dentistry is enhancing how we care for our teeth and gums. Due to minimal bleeding, sterilizing, and sealing of cuts, as we work, it often offers a safer, less unpleasant way of treating gums.
Your smile can be improved with cosmetic procedures, and whitening products are becoming more potent and effective. Many people choose it because of the shorter recovery durations and less discomfort experienced during treatments. Call Floss Bosses to learn more about laser dentistry.